"File Not Found" error with Sharepoint Foundation 2010

Aug 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi everybody,

I have just deployed the 0.97 beta version of this web part solution on a SharePoint Foundation 2010 Server, using the Setup2010.bat script.
I can configure the web part, but whenever I try to run a search (with or without column selection and with or without text in the Search field) I get a Sharepoint Error page:

Error
File Not Found.
Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.
Correlation ID: 4eef975d-ad52-4afc-81a4-b22c0db82004
Date and Time: 8/19/2011 11:48:34 AM

Here is what I found in the logs for the corresponding correlation ID:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at AngryManSoftware.WebParts.AMFilteredSearch.SearchButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

That Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=12.0.0.0 looks strange to me, shouldn't it be 14.0 for 2010 editions?

Thank you in advance!

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:02 AM

I have been talking with Antoine (tOnI0) offline and we've resolved the issue. I will add a page to the documentation section but for completeness here is the resolution:

This installation was running on SharePoint Foundation 2010, which is the free version (aka WSS 4.0). It does not come complete with a full search capability and the web part relies of Search for its funtionality.

The solution for those running SharePoint Foundation 2010 is to install Microsoft Search Server 2010 Express from here and once you have run a crawl (and assuming you've set it up properly) it should just work :)