File Not Found. Error message

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:07 AM

Hi

The features of this web part is awesome. Thanks for that.

When I deployed and try to search some content in library I am getting this error

File Not Found.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Help me on this regards... I am using WSS 3.0

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Sorry for the (very) slow reply.

I've never seen this - it sounds like an issue with your SharePoint server. Maybe it lost connection to the database server?Or maybe a site collection administrator uninstalled the web part while you were trying to use it?

If this type of problem is repeatable, I would suggest either reconfiguring the web part (go to "modify shared web part" and remove the selected libraries and then re-add them back in again) or deleting the web part from the page and re-adding it.

If this does happen again, please try to give as much detail as you can about what was happening when it did and how reproducible the problem is.

Thanks

Ron

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I am having this same issue, now that I've added the web part to my page. It happens no matter what check box i check or what search term I select. I've tried reconfiguring the web part and deleting and readding it. I've also tried choosing only one column to filter on. Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Again, I've never seen this happen myself. Can you give any more detail? You just get a standard "Error 404 - File Not Found" browser message? Or is the message on your SharePoint page?

One thing to try - if you're the only one using this web part so far (as you've only just installed it I guess this is the case). Try uninstalling it again using the setup file, then check that it's been removed completely using stsadm to enumerate all solutions and ensure it isn't there. Also check in central admin that there is no trace. Finally, check that it hasn't left anything behind in the GAC as I mentioned in the other post. Then if it's truly clean, re-add it again.

The other thing to do is to check through the SharePoint logs to see if there is any more useful error message there. They can be very large, so what I do is trigger the error at a very specific time (use the time on the server machine) then find that timestamp in the log file.

Let me know what you find - good luck!

Ron

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I’ve tried removing it as you described below and checking to make sure there is no trace of it before re-adding. Below is what is in the log files when I attempt a search:

09/23/2010 09:00:58.43 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0838) 0x13E8 Windows SharePoint Services General 0 Medium Entering MRU trim routine.

09/23/2010 09:00:58.43 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0838) 0x13E8 Windows SharePoint Services General 0 Medium Initial table size: 0 in 0 entries

09/23/2010 09:00:58.43 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0838) 0x13E8 Windows SharePoint Services General 0 Medium Final table size: 0 in 0 entries

09/23/2010 09:00:58.43 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0838) 0x13E8 Windows SharePoint Services General 0 Medium Exiting MRU trim routine.

This is my search screen. I only added one column to the search web part, selected a customer and typed in a very generic term that should definitely come up with something. Below this screen is the error screen that I get on my workstation after clicking Search.

Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:21 PM
To: Zellermayer, Foga
Subject: Re: File Not Found. Error message [FilteredSearch:220833]

Again, I've never seen this happen myself. Can you give any more detail? You just get a standard "Error 404 - File Not Found" browser message? Or is the message on your SharePoint page?

One thing to try - if you're the only one using this web part so far (as you've only just installed it I guess this is the case). Try uninstalling it again using the setup file, then check that it's been removed completely using stsadm to enumerate all solutions and ensure it isn't there. Also check in central admin that there is no trace. Finally, check that it hasn't left anything behind in the GAC as I mentioned in the other post. Then if it's truly clean, re-add it again.

The other thing to do is to check through the SharePoint logs to see if there is any more useful error message there. They can be very large, so what I do is trigger the error at a very specific time (use the time on the server machine) then find that timestamp in the log file.

Let me know what you find - good luck!

Ron

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FilteredSearch@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FilteredSearch@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hi again. Sorry, but I don't think we can insert images into these discussion posts, so I can't see your screen shots.

Can you head over to Angry Man Software (http://www.angrymansoftware.com.au) and register as a user there? Then just make an enquiry - I can reply to that and it will go to your real email address and then you'll be able to reply to me directly, in which case you can attach your screen shots. I'll post the results of what we find back here for the benefit of others.

Ron